Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know about a great class that's held at 5:30 pm on Tuesdays at Crunch - Circuit City. Quite a few us from DI/The New You Challenge (me, Carla M, Linda B, Nichelle M...) go each week and welcome everyone else to join us. It's challenging, I'm not going to lie, but if you're looking for the most bang for your workout buck like I am (I don't want to be at the gym all darn day, everyday), this hour is it!
A class can have everything from trampolining to pushups/situps to kickboxing to "ball slams" and "woodchoppers". The exercises vary and you don't do any one for very long, so it's nearly impossible to get bored. You can also adapt each to your skill level quite easily. The hour flies right by! This is my one "can't miss" workout each week, so I wanted to get the word out about it. See me if you have any questions or want to use a guest pass to try it out. :-)
Meghan
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to agree with Meghan...this class kicks your butt and it is well worth the 60 minutes of your time!!!
ReplyDeleteI went to this class yesterday with Meghan and Linda. It was definitely interesting. I consider myself in decent shape but I found the class fairly difficult. I couldn't quite execute all the repetitions on many of the exercises. So while you can do as much or as little as you want(the instructor doesn't force you to do anything), be careful out there.
ReplyDeleteThere was probably a little too much emphasis on strength training in the course for me since I lift with free weights 3 times a week already. But if you don't lift weights often, this seems like a great way to increase overall body strength.
One tip for people thinking of going for the first time. Get there early! There is a bunch of equipment to set up for the class before hand. I showed up 1 minute late and didn't know about all of the stuff you had to prepare. And everyone was too busy with their exercises for me to really ask.
I think I might head back to the class once a month or so to try and gauge my improvements and see if I can complete more of the exercises properly.