"So I thought, 'What if I had a child. Would I treat him/her this badly? Not feeding him nourishing food? Not getting him out and moving around or making things so that he could be happy?" Well, of course I would take care of a child. So why am I not taking care of my own body and mind?"
A friend of mine wrote the above in her own blog the other day and it made me think. I know that if I had kids I would not let them get away with not exercising for three months. I tell myself that I have a lot of things I have to take care of at home so I can put off going to the gym another week, but when I was a kid I somehow managed to do my homework and chores, play with friends, and go to my swimming and gymnastics practices and meets. There's no reason I can't make it to the gym three or four times a week - I just need to stop being so lazy and take care of myself.
~Lindsay
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hear you Lindsay! As children are something I want myself in the near future, I find myself saying things like "Well, when I'm pregnant I won't do that!" As you said in your post, if I wouldn't want to do something to the child I'm carrying, why would I want to do it to myself?! Why don't I eat more vegetables and drink more water? I'm trying to get better about these things too, but this is a good analogy for anyone wanting to be healthier... WWAPLD? (What would a pregnant lady do?)
ReplyDeleteMegWoe