Hey guys,
This is Doug again. I was talking about the online food journal that I use at the meeting today. I use a site called www.fitday.com . Although you can pay to use the service, you don't have to and they give you all of the features you would need for free anyways.
I find entering my food in there pretty easy, especially after the first few days and you have all of your "usuals" in there. You can search for pre made entries and adjust the portion to what you ate. They usually already have the nutritional information for what I am eating that is accurate enough but in case they don't have what you are looking for you can make your own custom entries with whatever calorie, protein, carb, etc., amounts you want. Once you have made a custom food made, you can pick it easily from a drop down from then on.
You can also keep track of a few other things besides food. If you track your exercise you do during the day then it will tell you how many calories you have burned, in addition to your base amount burned by your metabolism. Also you can enter in your weigh-ins and it will make a nice line graph of your progress for you.
Here is the public version of my food journal that you all can look at and keep track of my progress if you really want to.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=fraysh
If someone wants me to show them around the site, I can show you how I make use of it.
Doug
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks Doug! I just sent out an email about today's meeting to all members of our group. Hopefully they will start using the blog. Everyone says they need accountability for this to work....but it's hard to hold someone accountable if you don't know what's going on with them.
ReplyDeleteThanks again!
Judy
Thanks for the info Doug.
ReplyDeleteFYI, there's a food and calorie tracking system/counter on the myINcompass wellness site. :-)
ReplyDeleteMegWoe