I have been given the task of coming up with something incredibly motivating and inspirational for the first post on our "DI New You Challenge" blog. Our goal for creating this blog was to offer support as often as you need it.
I have come to realize that I need to do something different. As I am getting older the task of losing weight is not a simple as it used to be. Mother Nature is not kind and it's true what "they" say...it's much harder to lose weight the older you get. Everyday I renew my challenge to eat better that day (no cheating) and go to the gym and some days it works and most days not. My issue is really the weekend...I love to eat out and have some cocktails!! :-)
Last year I wanted to lose 30 lbs...instead I gained 10 lbs so this year's challenge is now up to 40 lbs. I really need to rely more on the people around me for support because (clearly) I can't find the motivation on my own. I plan to use this blog and our monthly meetings to make change in my routine by listening to what works for other and adjusting it to fit my lifestyle. I look forward to hearing from everyone and hope that together each of us can create a "New You" in 2009.
Dena
Awesome!! I'm so excited! I've been slacking, but tomorrow is a new day! :) Good luck to all as we embark on one the hardest things for a person to do!
ReplyDelete